SIAN FLOWERS - CAREERS
Diversity, Inclusion and Non-discrimination Policy
Sian Flowers has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to people and to fair employment practices. As Sian Flowers has grown and expanded, its work force has become more diverse. Sian Flowers believes that this diverse work force helps the company realize its full potential.
Recognizing and developing the talents of each individual brings new ideas to Sian Flowers. The company benefits from the creativity and innovation that result when Sian Roses people who have different experiences, perspectives and cultures work together. This is what drives invention and high performance at Sian Roses.
We believe a well managed, diverse work force expands Sian Flowers base of knowledge, skills and cross-cultural understanding, which in turn, enables us to understand, relate and respond to our diverse and changing customers throughout the world, connecting them to the power of technology. Our overall commitment is reflected in our diversity and inclusion philosophy.
Sian Flowers Diversity and inclusion philosophy
A diverse, high-achieving workforce is the sustainable competitive advantage that differentiates Sian Flowers. It is essential to win in the marketplaces, workplaces and communities where we operate.
An inclusive, flexible work environment that values differences motivates employees to contribute their best.
To better serve our customers, we must attract, develop, promote and retain a diverse workforce.
Trust, mutual respect and dignity are fundamental beliefs that are reflected in our behaviour and actions.
Accountability for diversity and inclusion goals drives our success.
Compliance, equal opportunity and affirmative action
Sian Flowers policies and supporting practices are built upon this philosophy, as well as a set of values that include a strong belief that all employees should be treated with dignity and respect. In accordance with this, Sian Flowers does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, or covered veteran status. It is also Sian Flowers policy to comply with all applicable national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
VACANCY – PROPAGATION OFFICER
We are seeking to recruit a competent and self-driven individual to fill the following open position in our Kitengela Farm:
Job Title: Propagation Officer
Provide technical leadership in production of high quality plants and seedlings to achieve production targets, manage production costs and staff productivity to ensure the company realizes its growth, revenue and profitability targets.
1. Develop and implement propagation strategy ( sowing, grafting and seedling management plan) to achieve propagation KPI’s
2. Develop and manage the propagation budget to ensure realisation of growth, revenue and profitability targets
3. Manage propagation costs through increasing efficiency, improving production systems and procedures
4. Develop and Manage production of root stock to ensure consistent supply
5. Manage pests and diseases in the propagation unit
6. Manage crop nutrition through precise irrigation and fertigation programs
7. Manage staff performance and productivity through performance appraisals, training needs assessment, training and motivation for maximum output
8. Carry out trials as required
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or related field
2. 4 years’ experience in Rose Propagation. Experience in cuttings and seed germination will be an added advantage
3. Excellent planning and organisation skills
4. High attention to detail
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
6. Customer relations skills
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org